tomee-users mailing list archives

From "John D. Ament" <my.repr...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: ejb-jar.xml and JBoss
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 20:10:49 GMT
More likely than not, JBoss wants an EJB-JAR that looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ejb-jar xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/ejb-jar_3_0.xsd"
         version="3.0">
</ejb-jar>

Try that w/ open ejb as well, both should work.

-----Original Message-----
From: mid491 mid491 [mailto:mid491@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:02 PM
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: RE: ejb-jar.xml and JBoss

Maven package the ejb-jar.xml at the right place (as you said), but it is
empty (with just <ejb-jar/>) and JBoss don't like it (because he don't need
it, except if I describe all the EJB i guess but I don't want that :
convention over configuration)
That' s why I exclude it from the jar Maven's goal.
to me, it should be into /src/test path but openEJB don't see it.

> From: my.reprive@gmail.com
> To: users@openejb.apache.org
> Subject: RE: ejb-jar.xml and JBoss
> Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:41:15 -0500
>
> ejb-jar.xml should only be in yourjar.jar:!/META-INF/ nowhere else.  If
> you're using maven2, are you setting the packaging to ejb?  If you do, it
> should automatically pull the file from src/main/resources/META-INF into
the
> jar in the appropriate location.

OpenEJB