tomee-users mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject ManagedConnectionFactory.matchManagedConnections
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:16:02 GMT
Hi,

Having some fun with
ManagedConnectionFactory.matchManagedConnections(Set,Subject,ConnectionRequestInfo)

I have a custom RA...

my implementation looks a little something like (pseudo code)

for (ManagedConnectionImpl mci: connectionSet) {
  if (mci.getRequestInfo().equals(requestInfo)) {
    return mci;
  }
  return null;
}

which from my reading of section 6.5.3 of the JCA spec is the correct
thing to do if you implement connection pooling.

However, if at any point I fail to find a matching connection from the
supplied connectionSet and return null per the spec, I get a lovely
exception from

org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor#internalGetConnection

thrown from line 105: The pooling strategy does not match the
MatchManagedConnections implementation. Please investigate and
reconfigure this pool

If I instead throw a javax.resource.NotSupportedException then things
seem to work, but that is against the spec...

OpenEJB 3.1.2

-Stephen