tomee-users mailing list archives

From Cristian Botiza <Cristian.Bot...@endava.com>
Subject RE: Question on @EJB and JNDI lookup
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 08:53:07 GMT
Ok, thanks for the valuable info. I didn't undeploye the bean myself

I am using SUN's Java 1.6.0_14 on Windows, the 32 bit version

From: David Blevins [david.blevins@visi.com]
Sent: 06 May 2010 11:49
To: users@openejb.apache.org
Subject: Re: Question on @EJB and JNDI lookup

On May 5, 2010, at 1:54 AM, Cristian Botiza wrote:

> All was fine, but at some point after some heavy load on the server I got a nasty exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bean 'Services-1.0.jar/SystemStatusAware' has been undeployed.
> at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.BaseEjbProxyHandler.getDeploymentInfo(BaseEjbProxyHandler.java:557)
> at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.BaseEjbProxyHandler.invoke(BaseEjbProxyHandler.java:212)
> at org.apache.openejb.util.proxy.Jdk13InvocationHandler.invoke(Jdk13InvocationHandler.java:49)
>
> I assumed this was the 'expected' behavior, i.e. OpenEJB trying to free up the resources
and 'invalidating' the EJB proxy.

Did you undeploy the EJB app?  I assume the answer is no, but have to ask as the only other
explanation is a very terrible bug in the VM.

In each proxy (i.e. reference to a bean) we use a java.lang.ref.WeakReference to point to
the bean itself.  If the bean hasn't been undeployed, the VM would be seriously breaking the
WeakReference contract by cleaning out the reference when there are still hard references
to the bean in the server.

Definitely post your jvm info (version and vendor).  If we think this is a vm bug, I can also
give you some code to check that the "bean" is still in the system.

-David

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Any opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily represent
the opinions of the Company. Emails are susceptible to interference. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken
in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message
in error, do not open any attachments but please notify the EndavaIT Service Desk on (+44
(0)870 423 0187), and delete this message from your system. The sender accepts no responsibility
for information, errors or omissions in this email, or for its use or misuse, or for any act
committed or omitted in connection with this communication. If in doubt, please verify the
authenticity of the contents with the sender. Please rely on your own virus checkers as no
responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any bug or virus infection.

Endava Limited is a company registered in England under company number 5722669 whose registered
office is at 125 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1AR, United Kingdom. Endava Limited is the
Endava group holding company and does not provide any services to clients. Each of Endava
Limited and its subsidiaries is a separate legal entity and has no liability for another such
entity's acts or omissions. Please refer to the “Legal” section on our website for a list
of legal entities.