tomee-users mailing list archives

From freeway <...@qad.com>
Subject RE: How to keep alive idle JDBC connections?
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 18:11:52 GMT

Thank you both for the advice.  I see now that there are a handful of DBCP
options accessible from OpenEJB that can be used in combination to nurse
open connections: ValidationQuery, TestOnBorrow, TestOnReturn,
TestWhileIdle, TimeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis, NumTestsPerEvictionRun,
MinEvictableIdleTimeMillis, MinIdle.

I guess I missed them the first time around because I was looking explicitly
for a 'keep-alive' kind of implementation, whereas the DBCP approach is to
test connections at configurable points and replace stale ones with new
ones.  This should work fine.