tomee-users mailing list archives

From joe <fischauto...@yahoo.de>
Subject starting a process from a stateless EJB
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 13:23:21 GMT
Hi guys,

Our presentation tier is a swing client. This client shows data mainly
queried from a database, lets say 90%. But some data are queried from a
application running on the same machine as the EJB-Container. This
application is simply invoked like Runtime.getRuntime().exec("app.exe");
and the stdout, stderr is processed.

I know normally an application should not be started from an EJB, but
for our purposes it would be nice. I implemented a stateless session
bean invoking an application, and it worked.

Do you think this is ok in this case, or is there any problem, why i
really shouldn't do it?