tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Question on @EJB and JNDI lookup
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 08:49:44 GMT

On May 5, 2010, at 1:54 AM, Cristian Botiza wrote:

> All was fine, but at some point after some heavy load on the server I got a nasty exception
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Bean 'Services-1.0.jar/SystemStatusAware' has been undeployed.
> at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.BaseEjbProxyHandler.getDeploymentInfo(BaseEjbProxyHandler.java:557)
> at org.apache.openejb.core.ivm.BaseEjbProxyHandler.invoke(BaseEjbProxyHandler.java:212)
> at org.apache.openejb.util.proxy.Jdk13InvocationHandler.invoke(Jdk13InvocationHandler.java:49)
>
> I assumed this was the 'expected' behavior, i.e. OpenEJB trying to free up the resources
and 'invalidating' the EJB proxy.

Did you undeploy the EJB app?  I assume the answer is no, but have to ask as the only other
explanation is a very terrible bug in the VM.

In each proxy (i.e. reference to a bean) we use a java.lang.ref.WeakReference to point to
the bean itself.  If the bean hasn't been undeployed, the VM would be seriously breaking the
WeakReference contract by cleaning out the reference when there are still hard references
to the bean in the server.

Definitely post your jvm info (version and vendor).  If we think this is a vm bug, I can also
give you some code to check that the "bean" is still in the system.

-David