tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on @EJB and JNDI lookup
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 21:05:43 GMT
Hi Cristian,

This is an interesting one - using @EJB on your servlet should be fine. As
you point out the injection will happen when the servlet is initialized
rather than on each call. Doing a JNDI lookup manually will guarantee the
lookup happens each time your servlet is called. However, presumably the
JNDI lookup will fail if your bean becomes undeployed as has been in this
case.

Is this easy to reproduce, if so, are you able to let us have a small test
case so we can see what's going on and debug it?

Regards

Jon