tomee-users mailing list archives

From Yvan <frontp...@gmail.com>
Subject Standalone OpenEJB pom (embedded container)
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:14:51 GMT

Sorry for such a basic question but I how do I add standalone openejb
container's jars as dependencies to my project's pom in order to be able to
embed the container for testing purposes?

Currently I just eclipse:eclipse my pom and add all dependencies manually by
setting a directory with external jars to the projects properties (I make it
point to the /lib of the standalone deployment). This works of course only
as long as I am in my IDE. All maven executed compilations and tests fail
because it doesn't find openejb on its classpath when compiled outside in a
console.

Here for instance is the 3.2-SNAPSHOT pom file (which is the version I
actually need because of its JPA2 support)
https://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.2-SNAPSHOT/
which I can't really use because its not a jar...

I tried another approach with the following pom (dependencies come from the
standalone openejb source files). Is this the right approach?

<project>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.mycompany.app</groupId>
  <artifactId>my-app</artifactId>
  <version>3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>openejb</id>
      <name>openejb container</name>
      <layout>default</layout>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/snapshots/</url>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
      </snapshots>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <properties>

  </properties>

   <dependencies>
    <!--dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-standalone</artifactId>
      <version>3.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency-->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-loader</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-core</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>javaee-api</artifactId>
      <version>5.0-3-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.javamail</groupId>
      <artifactId>geronimo-javamail_1.4_mail</artifactId>
      <version>1.9-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-client</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-server</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-ejbd</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>
      <artifactId>openejb-multicast</artifactId>
      <version>${version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.apache.openejb</groupId>