tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB with Hibernate 3.5.x as JPA2 provider
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 01:24:01 GMT

On Jun 3, 2010, at 2:21 PM, Laird Nelson wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO
> <jean-louis.monteiro@atosorigin.com> wrote:
>> The available snapshots (3.1.3-SNAPSHOT) contains a bug.
>> We need to push a new snapshot so that you can give it a try.
>
> Yes, please please please please please please please please push said
> snapshot.  :-)

Pushed a 3.2-SNAPSHOT:

  https://repository.apache.org/snapshots/org/apache/openejb/openejb-standalone/3.2-SNAPSHOT/

That contains JPA 2.0 support, but note that the default provider is still OpenJPA 1.2.x.
 We had some test failures with OpenJPA 2.0 we still need to investigate.

That snapshot also contains the new stateless session bean pooling code mentioned here:

   https://blogs.apache.org/openejb/entry/several_new_features_for_stateless

As well as JMX Monitoring (blog entry forthcoming, still a couple quirks in the stats)

And minimal @Asynchronous support.  Basic async invocations work, just need to fill out some
of the Future.cancel support and hookup SessionContext.wasCancelCalled().

Strong note to anyone using the above binary; make sure you use the javaee-api-6.0 jar and
eliminate javaee-api-5.0 from your projects.  First thing to check if you see a NoClassDefFoundError
that lists a "javax.*" class.

-David