tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Hot to programmatically deploy ejb module
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 22:12:32 GMT

On Jun 21, 2010, at 3:45 AM, Henning Blohm wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>  we are playing with the idea of integration Open EJB as an EJB feature
> into our low-life-cycle-management-efforts platform z2 Environment
> (www.z2-environment.eu). To do so, we would need to programmatically
> deploy EJB modules. I search the documentation and Javadocs but failed
> to find an entry point to deployment.
>
> So, if there is, can anybody point me to documentation on how to deploy
> programmatically on OpenEJB?
>
> Preferrably we would like to deploy from classpath, i.e. without
> actually creating a jar. In contrast to the embedded examples however,
> the module's class loader is not the one of the OpenEJB implementation
> (but delegating to it). And of course, we wouldn't want to start
> one EJB server for every module, but rather deploy several modules
> to one server.
>
> Any pointer to snippets/samples/documentation pointers useful to Open
> EJB embedders (beyond testing) would be very welcome.

Hi Henning!

We do have various internal APIs for doing this kind of thing, but fair warning they change
frequently so don't make for good general purpose work.  Though, I really would like to come
up with a wrapper around some of these things.

This is how we do things internally:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-core/src/test/java/org/apache/openejb/core/stateful/StatefulTest.java

Have a look around the various configure* methods of the ConfigurationFactory and various
create* methods of the Assembler.  Maybe we could use you as a use case for coming up with
a more generic API.  So in that regard, what would be the minimum you would need to get your
goals accomplished?

-David