tomee-users mailing list archives

From joe <fischauto...@yahoo.de>
Subject @PostContruct bug?
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 16:32:43 GMT
Hi,

I have a stateless bean with a method which is annotated with
@PostConstruct. This method throws an unchecked exception.

So when the client (swing app) invokes this EJB for the first time, the
following exception is catched by the client:

javax.ejb.EJBException: Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception
is: java.lang.RuntimeException: test exception

That looks ok for me.
But all future invocations(until restarting OpenEJB server) of this EJB
throw the following exception

javax.ejb.ConcurrentAccessTimeoutException

For me this looks like the EJB is in use, although it should never be in
use cause the @PostContruct method throwed an (unchecked) exception
and no other EJB method is invoked.

For testing i wrote a stateless EJB with a @PostContruct method just
throwing a RuntimeException and i configured the container by setting
the MaxSize to 1.

<Container id="My Stateless Container" type="STATELESS">
   MaxSize = 1
</Container>

I also tested MaxSize = 2. Then the first exeception is catched 2 times,
all other times, the second exception is catched.

And i also tested no pooling (MaxSize = 0,  StrictPooling = false), then
always the first exception is catched.

Looks like a bug for me, isn't it?