tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: @PostContruct bug?
Date Wed, 03 Nov 2010 21:06:35 GMT
Hmm.  I swear we have a unit test for this.  Will have to check that out immediately.  If this
is an issue (sounds like that's the case) then we'll have to fix it and reroll the 3.1.4 binaries
that are currently up for a vote.

-David

On Nov 3, 2010, at 12:32 PM, joe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a stateless bean with a method which is annotated with @PostConstruct. This method
throws an unchecked exception.

> So when the client (swing app) invokes this EJB for the first time, the following exception
is catched by the client:

> javax.ejb.EJBException: Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException:
test exception

@PostContruct method throwed an (unchecked) exception
> and no other EJB method is invoked.
>
> For testing i wrote a stateless EJB with a @PostContruct method just throwing a RuntimeException
and i configured the container by setting the MaxSize to 1.

> <Container id="My Stateless Container" type="STATELESS">
>  MaxSize = 1
> </Container>
>
> I also tested MaxSize = 2. Then the first exeception is catched 2 times, all other times,
the second exception is catched.