tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: @PostContruct bug?
Date Tue, 09 Nov 2010 05:50:00 GMT
On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 2:06 PM, David Blevins <david.blevins@visi.com> wrote:
> Hmm.  I swear we have a unit test for this.  Will have to check that out immediately.
 If this is an issue (sounds like that's the case) then we'll have to fix it and reroll the
3.1.4 binaries that are currently up for a vote.

Found and fixed.  Thank you for reporting it!

-David

> On Nov 3, 2010, at 12:32 PM, joe wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a stateless bean with a method which is annotated with @PostConstruct. This
method throws an unchecked exception.

>> So when the client (swing app) invokes this EJB for the first time, the following
exception is catched by the client:

>> javax.ejb.EJBException: Cannot obtain a free instance.; nested exception is: java.lang.RuntimeException:
test exception

the @PostContruct method throwed an (unchecked) exception
>> and no other EJB method is invoked.
>>
>> For testing i wrote a stateless EJB with a @PostContruct method just throwing a RuntimeException
and i configured the container by setting the MaxSize to 1.

>> <Container id="My Stateless Container" type="STATELESS">
>>  MaxSize = 1
>> </Container>
>>
>> I also tested MaxSize = 2. Then the first exeception is catched 2 times, all other
times, the second exception is catched.

>> And i also tested no pooling (MaxSize = 0,  StrictPooling = false), then always
the first exception is catched.