tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ravindranath Akila <ravindranathak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB Embedded with Equinox Tomcat Bridge
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:06:58 GMT
Hi,
  Hmmm... just so that if someone looks for osgi integration in their web
application, as well as keeping the code clean from work arounds, have a
look at the approaches below. I've settled for Felix embedded in my
application. You might also be interested in dosgi. So I am posting the list
of articles FYI.

http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Embedding_OSGi
<http://protegewiki.stanford.edu/wiki/Embedding_OSGi>
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation
<http://wiki.eclipse.org/Getting_Started_with_ECF's_OSGi_Remote_Services_Implementation>
http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html#ApacheFelixFrameworkLaunchingandEmbedding-embedding
<http://felix.apache.org/site/apache-felix-framework-launching-and-embedding.html#ApacheFelixFrameworkLaunchingandEmbedding-embedding>
http://felix.apache.org/site/presentations.data/best-practices-apachecon-20060628.pdf

I would say going for embedded mode is the safest approach if you need both
speed and compliance. If speed is not a problem, and POJO based calls are
fine too (no complex objects), Apache CXF Distributed osgi is the best
approach (CXF is pretty good in architecture so I personally believe you
don't have to worry about the internals of it).

On a final call, we've got r-osgi. The problem is it is still tagged "beta"
on source forge. I feel it is the "best" of all performance and ease-of-use
wise.

That's it for now;)

--
   Akila...