tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Need help getting Derby running in JUnit
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 00:54:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Tony Tubbs <tbbstny@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I set properties for Derby in my setUpClass method as explained in the
> "Configuring DataSources in Tests" documentation.  When I run the tests, the
> only thing I can see about my datasource in the output is a line similar to what
> I've pated in below.  I do get notice that my EJB's loaded and can to a lookup
> on the EJBs but not the DataSource.  I'd try to do the lookup like so:
>  initialContext.lookup("MYDB").
>
> I am not using JPA, so do not have a persistence.xml file.  As I am embedding
> things directly into the JUnit test class(es), it is my understanding I
> shouldn't need any any other xml files either - like the openejb.xml or
> jndi.properties, etc.  Will I require a persistence.xml file just for my JUnit
> tests?  Hoping it's something easy you can point me to.
>
> - Configuring Service(id=MYDB, type=Resource, provider-id=Default JDBC Database)

If you want to use a non-portable name, your bean can lookup
"openejb:Resource/MYDB".

If you want to do things the portable way, your bean has to declare a
reference to the resource via xml or annotation:

  http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/resource-ref-for-datasource.html

This doc is still a work in progress, but has some info on Java EE and JNDI:

  http://openejb.apache.org/3.0/basics-getting-things.html

-David