tomee-users mailing list archives

From kenundrumz2100 <kenundrumz2...@gmail.com>
Subject OpenEJB and Database Views
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 18:40:29 GMT

Greetings all,

I am a relatively new user of OpenEJB, and first wanna say it seems like a
great start towards being able to finally unit test out session bean's out
of container.

I am, however, have a small issue that I am not entirely sure how to
overcome. My project I am on uses 5 view tables, 4 mapped to entity beans
and 1 as a join table between 2 of the ones mentioned before. Based upon the
simple examples I have seen off of the primary website, I get an error
whenever I attempt to run the unit tests and include the following in my
persistence.xml file (apologize if there are code tags on here, i didn't see
them):

<properties>
value="buildSchema(ForeignKeys=true)"/>    </properties>

Essentially, it is attempting to build the view tables, which obviously it
can not do since they already exist. We do need to be able to build all the
other non-view tables, but are coming up empty on figuring out how to go
about this. I also have no idea what the buildSchema method is, or if it
takes other parameters for such an occasion like this. Any assistance anyone
can give is welcome. I will try anything at least twice! If you need any
additional information, I will supply what I can.

Thanks ahead of time!