tomee-users mailing list archives

From Dietmar <Dietmar.Za...@googlemail.com>
Subject Performance Tuning Tip
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 13:52:03 GMT
Hi everybody,

i just want to tell you what we found out. We are using openEJB in a bigger
ejb3.0 project with JBoss 4.2.2 for test purpose.
The starttime of the openEJB server takes about 5 Minutes.
A colleague of me figured out that instead of useing the
openejb/javaee-api-5.0-3.jar file we now uses: jboss/jboss-j2ee.jar

He stops the JUnit openEJB Test Case some times while starting and saw that
the Main Thread is always
in EJBMethodPermission.equals.... There is a LinkedList in our case with
15337 members.
It looks like the container want to add a Permission and checks if this
Permission is already contained. For each Permission it will go throuh all
items of the list... That is problably not the fastes way.

I have a not good feeling about mixing the jars of JBoss and openEJB, so I
am asking if you think we would
get into trouble.

Greetings

Dietmar

PS: Probably the implementation should be changed.