tomee-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gallimore <jonathan.gallim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Authentication over SSL
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2011 23:15:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm not sure if you're using Tomcat or the standalone OpenEJB server but
either way you should be able to perform authentication over SSL when
looking up beans. For the standalone server you should be able to connect to
the ejbds port (4203 by default, I think). For Tomcat you should be able to
setup a HTTPS port and connect to https://<host>:8443/openejb/ejb.

We support JAAS, so you should be able to implement your own LoginModule and
add it to login.config in this format:

 Login {
   org.superbiz.MyLoginModule required;
 };

I haven't tried this with the standalone server, but have had it working
successfully with Tomcat in the past.

Hope that helps!

Jon