tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB's Context doesn't support bind, rebind and unbind?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 14:37:07 GMT

On Jun 13, 2011, at 6:46 AM, Andre Brito wrote:

> I don't think the effort is valid. As you probably remember, I'm trying to
> migrate our server. We were using JBoss, and apparently the rebind method
> has been used without the knowledge of what really is for (I was not at the
> company when it was wrote). I removed and didn't had any problems without
> it. One dinossaur less to kill with this JBoss - OpenEJB migration.

:)

Have you eliminated all your "java:myDb" kind of names yet?

In Java EE 6 there are three new standard namespaces you can use now:

  - java:comp/env   (the original)
  - java:module/    (new)
  - java:app/       (new)
  - java:global/    (new)

Anything that is a standalone webapp can still just use the 'java:comp/env', but bigger apps
can benefit from broader scoped JNDI namespaces.

These work in the trunk version of OpenEJB.  The released version still only supports 'java:comp/env'.
 Not sure which version you may be switching to.

-David