tomee-users mailing list archives

From Christian Koppen <christian.kop...@volkswohl-bund.de>
Subject OpenEJB as a Windows service - current status
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:43:11 GMT
Dear OpenEJB users,

is it possible to run OpenEJB 3.1.4 as a windows service,
and if so, what is the recommended way?

I'm a little bit confused because there are be several approaches,
but none of them is included in the 3.1.4 release:

1.) I found a thread on this user list from 2002 [1]. This solution seems to use
the Java Service Wrapper [2], a generic library to start Java applications as a
service. There are several licence models available, and I'm not sure which one
is the right one for me.

2.) I also found the OpenEJB subproject 'openejb-daemon' on the SVN trunk, but
neither on the 3.1.x nor on the 3.2.x branches. I downloaded the project from
trunk and tried to use it with 3.1.4, but I didn't get it to work.

What is the current status on this topic?

Kind regards
Christian

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/openejb-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg00277.html
[2] http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com