tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB's Context doesn't support bind, rebind and unbind?
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 17:24:18 GMT

On Jun 16, 2011, at 6:59 AM, Andre Brito wrote:

> This question came up in a meeting: is it possible that OpenEJB "protects" or
> "locks" its JVM? We try to set some properties (using System.setProperty)
> and it doesn't work. We start another JVM (OpenEJB independent), set the
> properties and, guess what, it works.

If anything we ignore the System properties after startup.

Our code almost exclusively uses this:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/container/openejb-loader/src/main/java/org/apache/openejb/loader/SystemInstance.java

Sort of our own version of java.lang.System.  We start with a copy of the System properties,
then add in other sources of properties we support such as conf/system.properties and InitialContext
properties. For the most part after that we check only the merged set of properties.

-David