tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB's Context doesn't support bind, rebind and unbind?
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2011 04:34:24 GMT

On Jun 7, 2011, at 2:00 PM, Andre Brito wrote:

> Hey guys.
>
> The question is the subject's one: OpenEJB's Context object doesn't support
> rebind? I'm using that in JBoss, and when I'm using OpenEJB I get a
> OperationNotSupportedException.

In general we don't as inside apps for example it's non-compliant to allow binding.  But on
remote clients and anything not technically "inside" the app we could do it.

We could even do it inside the app itself provided we had some kind of flag a user could turn
on to allow it.

Where are you trying to do the binding?  Is this a remote client/server kind of thing?

Also side note is that @Singletons could be a more portable runtime storage/directory mechanism.

-David