tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote access through network
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 21:40:09 GMT

On Jun 2, 2011, at 12:47 PM, Andre Brito wrote:

> BTW, I was reading the home and found this:
>
> Apache OpenEJB is an embeddable and lightweight EJB 3.0 implementation that
> can
> So OpenEJB doesn't support EJB 3.1? Strange, I thought it did.

The existing releases support @LocalBean view, @ManagedBean and @Singletons and of course
the OpenEJB versions of what became spec features: Embedded EJB Container, Collapsed EAR.

The coming 3.2 release supports that plus JPA 2.0 and some Bean Validation.

The trunk code (4.0) supports CDI, @Schedule, @Asynchronous, global JNDI and the spec version
of the Embedded EJBContainer API and EJBs in WARs.  And of course TomEE which we are in the
process of Java EE 6 Web Profile certifying.  It also supports a new concept called Metatyping
-- even more generic than CDI Stereotypes.

Everything is in feature complete beta state except CDI.  Been working on that quite heavily
this last few weeks and likely the rest of this month.  It's about half way there at the moment.

You should join the project :)  We're growing but we still need more contributors.  A complete
overhaul of the website, a new app server (TomEE)... it's a lot of work :)

-David