tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote access through network
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:46:21 GMT

On Jun 3, 2011, at 12:27 PM, Andre Brito wrote:

> David Blevins-2 wrote:
>> On the broken examples front maybe you can help us convert a few to
>> markdown.
>>
>>  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb3/examples
>>  http://openejb.apache.org/examples.html
>>
>> So far only the 'simple-stateless' example has a README.md file.  We will
>> eventually need a README.md for all the examples.  There are 46 examples
>> and we've only ever managed to document 13 of them, so clearly we need to
>> lower the bar and get some sort of really minimal skeleton README.md in
>> there for every example and worry about adding more detail later.
>>
>> We could do a divide and conquer on that.  You could create the bare
>> README.md with just the headers and some code snippets, maybe some text if
>> you can think of any, then I can go through and try and add some details.
>> With 46 examples it will still take a while even with two people.
>>
>> Interested?
> I'll check that out later and then I can give you a response. What do you
> use to right and preview the Markdown? I found
> http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/dingus this  web site. Is it
> valid?

That looks pretty good.  Also stackoverflow.com has a live preview of markdown while you edit.

Github also supports Markdown and there is a read-only copy of the OpenEJB code you could
fork and issue pull requests.

  https://github.com/apache/openejb/tree/trunk/openejb3/examples/simple-stateless  (hit refresh
twice to load up the READEME.md)

I just installed this Intellij plugin and like it:  http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?idea&id=5970

Looks like there are a few Eclipse plugins that do the same.

-David