tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Servlet Filters (or Valves) and OpenEJB
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 04:15:42 GMT

On Jul 21, 2011, at 8:15 PM, rnieto wrote:

> I had to add the created spnego jar in the tomcat\lib folder, along with the
> openejb-loader and openejb-tomcat. It seems to initialise well, until
> openejb starts initialising and pops-up with this error:
>
> 21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.243	[main] Jndi name could not be bound; it may be
> taken by another ejb.
> Jndi(name=openejb/Deployment/openejb/ConfigurationInfo/org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.cmd.ConfigurationInfo!Remote)
> 21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.243	[main] Undeploying app: classpath.ear
> 21 Jul 2011 19:59:31.263	[main] Application could not be deployed:
> classpath.ear
> org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBException: Creating application failed:
> classpath.ear: Unable to bind business remote deployment in jndi.
>

> (I don't have a classpath.ear deployed anywhere) It seems that if I create
> an instance of the custom filter that was made, it initialises the core of
> OpenEJB too early. Even with this error, OpenEJB continues loading and I
> could access my web service. But then it fails on the same point as the
> original thing I did with the spnego filter, *the filter doesn't get called
> when accessing OpenEJB web services*. It gets invoked when accessing any
> other web resource within the server, even things under the OpenEJB folder
> just not the web services.

Did you try out my suggestion of making a Filter that uses a RequestDispatcher to forward(req,
res); the call to the web service? Assuming you can forward to another servlet context it
should work.

Theoretically the call chain would look like so:

   HTTP

  SpnegoHttpFilter
  SpnegoSecurityServiceFilter    (optional)
  CustomForwardingFilter

    RequestDispatcher.forward

         \---> WebService URL

Tomcat should be doing that all with the same thread and same request/response objects.

-David