tomee-users mailing list archives

From rnieto <gamma_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Servlet Filters (or Valves) and OpenEJB
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 05:55:00 GMT

Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:

> Yep that what i said, webservices are deployed into a context created
> called
> "" so you can't modify it if it is not a global config. All configuration
> managed are the one you can put into openejb-jar.xml.
>
> I think jon suggessted to enhance OpenEJB.
>
> @Jon: Am i wrong?

This is just a clarification, as it was initially indicated that it would
run filters. Should anyone else be reading this thread, they'd have a
confirmation that indeed it doesn't do it. The explanation about it
deploying on a different, non-configurable (outside OpenEJB) context was
brought to light during the discussion.

And my problem still persists, which Jon has indicated that this would need
to be either:
1.) added to OpenEJB as an additional feature
2.) add it to the OpenEJB core and cxf library (which would be a guaranteed
pain for someone who isn't a regular developer for OpenEJB).

Too bad I'm restricted by time and probably can't wait for option 1, hope
that I could move to another EE framework (but even that seems not doable
with my timeframe).