tomee-users mailing list archives

From rnieto <gamma_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Servlet Filters (or Valves) and OpenEJB
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:23:42 GMT
SpNego is LGPL so you should be able to use it. If it was purely GPL, even I
wouldn't be able to use it.

Oh, if you're going to do what I did with the SpnegoHttpFilter class, (on
the doFilter method) you'd need to assign the principal directly onto the
request before moving onto the next valve. I have no idea why when turning
it into a valve, the request object doesn't get updated with the principal.

The other nasty bit I have to do with this, is now that the request object
gets populated with the user principal I need to have some httprequest
retrieval on my EJB web service. I wish I could do this cleanly (without my
EJB code having http code), but that's probably one of my "things to
improve-on" later.

Thanks for the help!