tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: @Singleton, @PostActivate and FATAL ERROR: Unknown error in Assembler
Date Fri, 30 Sep 2011 04:03:06 GMT

On Sep 29, 2011, at 8:43 PM, sarah_a180 wrote:

> You're quite right of course. Thanks for the quick reply. :-)

No problem.  Wish they were all that easy!

> As a quick question: would you recommend I upgrade to the beta now? We're using OpenEJB
for development & testing but JBoss in production. Is there a features list somewhere?

I'd definitely try the 4.0.0-beta-1 when it's released.  It takes a couple days to go from
proposed binaries to actually publishing them, but I can guarantee you won't miss the announcement
:)

The feature list is more or less as follows; complete EJB 3.1 and complete ... well ... guess
we'll have to wait for the announcement on that one ;)

-David

> On Sep 29, 2011, at 7:33 PM, David Blevins-2 [via OpenEJB] wrote:
>

>> On Sep 29, 2011, at 6:12 PM, sarah_a180 wrote:
>>
>>> When I tag one of my @Singleton beans with a @PostActivate, I am getting the

>>> stack trace below. I can probably work around this for the short term, but a

>>> fix would be nice. :-)
>>>
>>> If you need more information or a sample project, I can probably get that.
>>> (It'd be a little bit of work since our beans are proprietary.)
>>
>> This is a bug I think is fixed in the coming 4.0.0 beta 1 (uploading those binaries
now actually).

>> The issue is that @Singleton beans aren't allowed to have @PrePassivate, @PostActivate
methods so the data model we use has (had) read-only lists for those fields.  What should
be happing and will happen in 4.0.0 is that we will still collect those invalid callbacks
and report them more gracefully at the end of deployment with all other issues the app may
have.   I can't recall offhand if it result in a rejected deployment or us logging that we
will ignore those annotations.  It will be one of the two.