tomee-users mailing list archives

From Bjorn Danielsson <bjorn-apa...@lists.cuspycode.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB 3.2 availability question
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2011 23:04:14 GMT
Marius Kruger <amanic@gmail.com> wrote:

> I assume that the guys are more focussed on the 4.0.0 release ATM and
> don't really get around to 3.2.0.

Yes, that is my impression too when I read the "dev" mailing list
archives. The 3.2.x branch seems to be broken. But I thought maybe
it's possible to backport the annotation scanning fixes to 3.1.4?
And then I noticed that the 3.1.x branch didn't end with the 3.1.4
release. There are commits in that branch as late as March 2011.

So I tried checking out and compiling the latest revision from
the 3.1.x branch. And it solved my problem completely. It has the
exclude/include mechanism that I needed for annotation scanning,
and it provides a Tomcat plugin that works with Tomcat 6.0.29,
which is the Tomcat version I am constrained to use by the huge
third-party application I am integrating my EJB code into.

The 3.1.x binaries I compiled called themselves 3.1.5-SNAPSHOT.
Maven aborted after 40 minutes due to a missing file while running
some test, but the compilation itself got through without errors,
and the resulting openejb.war seems to work perfectly.

--
Bjorn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB