tomee-users mailing list archives

From john70 <johndo...@mail.ru>
Subject Re: Jetty Support
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2012 10:13:31 GMT
Hi Romain,

Thank you very much for response!

Romain Manni-Bucau wrote

> Why do you prefer jetty? You can run tomee in a test, you can use
> arquillian, you can run it from your pom too. Do you prefer jetty because
> of jetty or because of something missing to tomcat/tomee?

First because of Jetty and second because Jetty has full and rock solid
support for WebSockets protocol. I know that JEE7 will add WebSockets
support later this year to the Servlet specification. But for me it is not
clear when Tomcat will add support for WebSockets. And if Tomcat developers
add support for WebSockets, they will need time to make it bug-free and rock
solid. And Jetty developers (especially Greg Wilkins) have participated in
the development process of WebSockets protocol and have a working
implementation for at least one year.

Currently we are using JBoss 4.2 with Jetty and it works very well. But
JBoss 4.2 is really old and we would like to replace it with something new.
We are looking currently at all application servers and one option was/is to
use Jetty with OpenEJB. But if you don't have support for Jetty or do not
plan to add support for Jetty, than we can remove OpenEJB from out
candidates list.

Best regards,
John