tomee-users mailing list archives

From Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: openEJB fail on second test
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2012 16:10:01 GMT
it simply says that your test method is not transactional which is true.

here a code which works:
@Stateless
@TransactionAttribute(TransactionAttributeType.REQUIRED)
public class Movies {

    @PersistenceContext(unitName = "movie-unit", type =
            PersistenceContextType.TRANSACTION)
    private EntityManager entityManager;

    public void addMovie(Movie movie) throws Exception {
        entityManager.persist(movie);
    }

    public void deleteMovie(Movie movie) throws Exception {
        entityManager.remove(entityManager.find(Movie.class,
movie.getId()));
    }

    public List<Movie> getMovies() throws Exception {
        Query query = entityManager.createQuery("SELECT m from Movie as m");
        return query.getResultList();
    }
}

public class MoviesTest extends TestCase {

    @EJB
        private Movies movies;

    @PersistenceContext
    private EntityManager entityManager;

    public void setUp() throws Exception {
        Properties p = new Properties();
        p.put("movieDatabase", "new://Resource?type=DataSource");
        p.put("movieDatabase.JdbcDriver", "org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver");
        p.put("movieDatabase.JdbcUrl", "jdbc:hsqldb:mem:moviedb");

        EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(p).getContext().bind("inject",
this);
    }

    public void test() throws Exception {
        movies.addMovie(new Movie("Quentin Tarantino", "Reservoir Dogs",
1992));
        movies.addMovie(new Movie("Joel Coen", "Fargo", 1996));
        movies.addMovie(new Movie("Joel Coen", "The Big Lebowski", 1998));

        List<Movie> list = movies.getMovies();
        assertEquals("List.size()", 3, list.size());

        for (Movie movie : list) {
            movies.deleteMovie(movie);
        }
        assertEquals("Movies.getMovies()", 0, movies.getMovies().size());
    }
}

Note: i added to movie entity:

    @Id