tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ravindranath Akila <ravindranathak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Scaling and Possibility Of Integrating With Finagle
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 13:16:32 GMT
Hey, thanks for the quick response Romain.

We are a social network. We will hit performance issues in three levels.

1. Our UI renderers will need increased memory over time and during spikes.
2. The EJB layer, which is in place purely for transactional purpose might
need expansion in memory(that is were I would like your advice).
3. Our database might fail to offer fast enough read writes and might give
issues with locks.

Hazelcast is a very good candidate for our UI renderes because we can cache
wall entries and other profile data easily. This will also reduce a lot of
load on the database. We will definitely have to figure out a way to
partition the database and cluster it soon.

On the other hand, I am not sure how to go about the requirements of TomEE.
Suppose we have some millions of users using the website, I am worried we
will have to cluster TomEE to support the load (CPU and Memory). Having
several instances of TomEE will create several persistence contexts and
lose transactional value, I assume.

Well, I am new to all this. But within a month I will have to figure out
the best approach to scale as a social network. Right now, I have narrowed
down my options to choosing some of:

1. Using Hazelcast for caching data (Purpose: to increase performance and
reduce load on database).
2. Using Finagle, and I have no idea how to do that.
3. Using JBoss or Glassfish with their clustering support.

Any suggestions on how to scale TomEE is really appreciated!

--
Cheers!
   Akila...