tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Injection fails in any class that didn't instantiate an embedded ejb container
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:23:53 GMT
There's a little bit of magic we have to see who called the EJBContainer and add that class
to the application as a @ManagedBean.  Not really magic actually -- we create an exception
and then trim the call stack.

The alternative is to simply add @javax.annotation.ManagedBean to your test classes.  This
will make it a "component" by Java EE rules and that effectively gives us permission to allow
its annotations to populate JNDI and make sure what it needs has been created and is part
of the app.

Thanks so much for asking this question.  Ideally all exceptions would tell you how to proceed
with getting the desired outcome :)

I've updated the error message that is printed with NoInjectionMetaDataException so that it
says "Annotate your class with @ManagedBean".

If you encounter anything else like that, definitely continue to let us know!

-David