tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven plugin for OpenEJB
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 18:23:44 GMT

On Feb 17, 2012, at 10:03 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a maven plugin to use OpenEJB in embedded more like we can do with
> Glassfish
>
>                <groupId>org.glassfish</groupId>
>                <artifactId>maven-embedded-glassfish-plugin</artifactId>
>                <version>3.1.1</version>
>
> If this is not the case, what do you suggest/recommend to create a Boostrap
> class to launch OpenEJB and deploy a WAR ?

Romain has one started here:

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/maven-plugins/tomee-maven-plugin/

That will do the server start and war deployment.  Not yet released and I don't think there
are snapshots deployed for it either.

If you don't need the .war support, then EJBContainer API is a great way to bootstrap something
in a vm.  Here are two examples that do it:

  http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/cdi-request-scope/README.html
  http://openejb.apache.org/examples-trunk/cdi-application-scope/README.html

That API can now also boot TomEE Embedded if you specify "EJBContainer.PROVIDER" to "tomee-embedded".

There's also the Arquillian adapter which can allow you to test the same code in all flavors
of TomEE and plain OpenEJB.  Here's an example pom.

  http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openejb/trunk/openejb/arquillian-tomee/arquillian-tomee-tests/pom.xml

There's a profile for each server setup.  One for glassfish-embedded too, though that one
stopped working for some reason.  It was nice to have in there for the occasional sanity check.

-David