tomee-users mailing list archives

From Bjorn Danielsson <bjorn-apa...@lists.cuspycode.com>
Subject Bug: endorsed JAXB is broken
Date Thu, 03 May 2012 11:12:50 GMT
Hi,

I get the following error when I try to use JAXB in my webapp:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/ClassLoader;Ljava/util/Map;)Ljavax/xml/bind/JAXBContext;

I noticed that TomEE uses an endorsed version 2.2 of JAXB,
with the ContextFinder class excluded, as mentioned here:

But the JVM version of JAXB does not have any ContextFinder.find()
method with the signature in my error message, so something is
obviously broken. I also checked the latest release (2.2.5) of
JAXB-RI, and there is no such signature there either.

When I replaced the endorsed jaxb-api.jar and jaxb-impl.jar with
the corresponding jars from JAXB-RI 2.2.5 the error went away,
and as far as I can see that did not break anything else.

Version info:

apache-tomee-plus-1.0.0-beta-3-SNAPSHOT (from May 3)
jdk1.6.0_27 (which I think contains JAXB-RI version 2.1.10)

--
Björn Danielsson
Cuspy Code AB