tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomee Plus instead of Glassfish
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2012 19:58:22 GMT
Great discussion!

Note, I'm also having this exact same discussion with the JBoss folks who are also facing
the same issue.

We'll be working this out with GlassFish and likely making some clarifications or changes
in EJB 3.2.

On Jun 4, 2012, at 9:58 AM, Neale Rudd wrote:

> If Glassfish is passing EE6 but has this bug, TomEE should allow this bug.

We used to do exactly that:

  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openejb-dev/201008.mbox/%3CA31E7871-6962-49D8-AA00-3613AACE2A2B@visi.com%3E

> Obviously this is an EE6 suite bug that isn't being checked for yet, since Glassfish
is passing.

It wasn't checked in Java EE 5 and in OpenEJB 3.x we supported it.  It is checked indirectly
in Java EE 6 and that forced us to change to be more strict.

> TomEE could have a "strict-mode" and use that for unit tests.   That way all examples
are compliant to pass future EE6 tests as per the spec.

> This "strict-mode" would be disabled by default (ie: production) and could be enabled
by a flag for maven builds, or by users if they want to comply 100% to spec.

This is a great idea and I mention it as well in the email linked above.

Note that the TCK license agreement explicitly mentions such flags.  They are allowed but
must be on by default.  The default settings must be compliant.

-David