tomee-users mailing list archives

From zeeman <hamz...@fastmail.us>
Subject Tomee on port 80 on Linux in Production
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 03:06:44 GMT
I'll be releasing the first version of my web app on Amazon EC2 on Ubuntu
once Tomee 1.1 is released.  I have below questions:

1- Most Linux distros have a Tomcat package but not a Tomee package. Distros
include a simple way to use authbind to run Tomcat on port 80. Since I'll be
installing Tomee manually, not via a distro package, what do I need to do to
run Tomee on port 80 as an unprivileged user?
A Tomcat example
http://case.bradysoftware.com/blog/2012/03/14/1331779080000.html

2- Is there any documentation on securing Tomee. I understand it's Tomcat
plus JavaEE but I figured I would ask in case there is Tomee-specific
details.

3- Any good guides on configuring Tomcat for production?

Some details is appreciated, it'll be a large web app and don't want to have
any security risks. Thanks!