tomee-users mailing list archives

From Martin Kjær Jørgensen <...@gotu.dk>
Subject Apache CODI and TomEE problem
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 07:30:40 GMT
I'm developing a Maven+JSF+CDI application for TomEE in NetBeans, and
have recently added the Apache CODI extensions
(myfaces-extcdi-bundle-jsf20). When I deploy the application from
NetBeans I get the following exception in my browser and in the server log:

 "Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: No bean found for type:
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.jsf.api.config.JsfModuleConfig
    at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.impl.util.CodiUtils.getOrCreateBeanByClass(CodiUtils.java:198)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.impl.util.CodiUtils.getContextualReferenceByClass(CodiUtils.java:174)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.impl.util.CodiUtils.getContextualReferenceByClass(CodiUtils.java:139)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.impl.util.CodiUtils.getContextualReferenceByClass(CodiUtils.java:124)

    .. "

To "fix" this i restart TomEE. After the restart I can access the pages
with no exceptions. I even get the:

"config implementation:
org.apache.myfaces.extensions.cdi.core.api.config.CodiCoreConfig
   method:    isAdvancedQualifierRequiredForDependencyInjection
   value:    true

   method:    isConfigurationLoggingEnabled
   value:    true

   method:    isInvalidBeanCreationEventEnabled
   value:    false"

 ... messages etc etc.

When I build/debug from NetBeans, it first undeploy the application then
deploy the new build, after which the same exception (Caused by:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No bean found for type) occurs again.
Then I restart TomEE again and it works. It seems I have to restart
TomEE every time I deploy for it to work.

Do you have any idea why this happens?

/Martin