tomee-users mailing list archives

From David Nordahl <da...@thinkology.org>
Subject Re: Need advice on connecting up project
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2012 22:30:12 GMT
I was able to get TomEE working.. Looks like the lastest problem I was
running into was because it was overriding my JDBCRealm defined in my
project's context.xml and web.xml with the contents of it's tomee.xml
file datasource settings.  Updated the datasource in the tomee.xml file
and it is now working the same as Tomcat 7.0 w/ openejb.

Basically my question is how do I properly define and setup my EJB
classes in a standard J2EE/JSP2.0 web app in netbeans now that I'm
getting the initial context object.  I'm not finding the example
projects straightforward or helpful in regard to the configuration
aspect. I'm also not getting any error messages regarding a missing
ejb-jar.xml, a missing openejb.xml, or problems loading the class files
defined in my persistence.xml file that I can use to figure out what my
next steps should be.

Attached are some bean class files, Apache TomEE output, ejb-jar.xml,
and persistence.xml files if that is helpful.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is to be able to invoke objects
in my JSP and java code which mirror my DB tables that modifications to
are reflected in the DB with the least amount of drama, overhead,
proprietary configurations, platform dependence, and developer learning
curve.

-David