tomee-users mailing list archives

From Ravindranath Akila <ravindranathak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenEJB + HBase + Datanucleus + JPA - Problem when TomEE closing entity manager
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2012 19:00:43 GMT
Gave TomEE 1.0.0 a try, but I get a NPE from Datanucleus with no other
message. I will try debugging further.

Is it mandatory that the jta-data-source and non-jta-data-source be defined
on persistence.xml? If so, it is also compulsory that I specify the same on
openejb.xml(tomee.xml)?

I am unable to make an entry on openejb.xml since there is no such HBase
driver available as far as I know(the one availabe is an alpha release).
Datanucleus gives it's own data source implementation.

Basically, I am not sure how the persistence.xml is taken up by a Java EE
server. Is it that the server will read the persistence.xml, find the
provider and hand it over the jta and non-jta data sources? Can the
provider do its own independent hooking up with the database and still be
compatible with container managed transactions?

Sorry if I am overloading you with questions. Just that I am eager to see
HBase running with JPA support on TomEE :-)

As I was busy trying to get a newer openejb version running, I was unable
to write a simple app to reproduce the error. I will send one in soon.