tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any risk of using tomcat7.exe instead of TomEE.amd64.exe ?
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:48:25 GMT
Thanks, since there's currently no JPA in the application, so I guess 1)
not mandatory at this time.
About : 2) the JDK 7 used by this app (which actually installs it from its
media) has no endorsed/ directory, if that's what you mean.

In that case, can I just copy tomcat7.exe / tomcat7w.exe from a Tomcat 7
distribution at same version as TomEE+ 1.0.0, and repackage TomEE+ 1.0.0 in
this application and let its installer register TomEE+ as a Windows service
just like if it were Tomcat ?

(sorry if those questions are trivial, I have one slot for this experience
- a nightly build in which i'm allowed to make the experiment, I'd rather
be successful, or TomEE+ adoption there will be slower, people are always
kind of scared by changes...)

Alex