tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next TomEE release date?
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 19:39:46 GMT
Okay, I don't mind if the next release is called 1.1.0 instead of 1.0.1.
However, do care to know whether or not it's still scheduled for this month
& before JavaOne:
the application for which I'm lobbying a change from Tomcat to TomEE+ is
currently in final phase
for prerequisites define. They want to add REST façade, and I saw in TomEE
1.0.1 release notes
(here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312320&version=12321242)
that
there was a fix on the JAX-WS + JAX-RS cohexistence in a same web app.

If TomEE 1.1.0 come too late (ie after September), then they'll reject
TomEE+ and choose instead
to stay with Tomcat and use Jersey for JAX-RS, which would make a TomEE+
"win-back" hard
(I saw some threads about Jersey annoyances when deploying such apps to
TomEE+)

Baseline : what's the target date for 1.1.0 GA (General Availability) ?

Alex

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:31 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau
<rmannibucau@gmail.com>wrote:

> Yeah, i think 1.0.1 will never be released
>
> Npt = not from a phone ;)
> Le 14 sept. 2012 21:24, "Alex The Rocker" <alex.m3tal@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Call me n00b if you want, but I don't catch it: do you mean that next
> > release due for JavaOne (end of this month) is 1.1.0 ?
> > If otherwise it's still 1.0.1, then why couldn't there be a refresh of
> > 1.0.1 snapshot?
> >
> > (and btw, what do you mean by npt? I utfm but wtf, no hit ;)
> >
> > Alex
> >

> > On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:05 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau
> > <rmannibucau@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > The snapshot is the 1.1.0 (npt 1.0.1). The rc will probably be skipped
> > (we
> > > had CI issues this week and lost some days on it :(). btw we need the
> > > snapshot for the end of the month.
> > >
> > > We currently wait an openwebbeans new version then we should be able to
> > > release
> > >  Le 14 sept. 2012 20:58, "Alex The Rocker" <alex.m3tal@gmail.com> a
> > écrit
> > > :