tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Any risk of using tomcat7.exe instead of TomEE.amd64.exe ?
Date Sun, 09 Sep 2012 20:07:25 GMT
Hello,

I am testing the drop-in replacement of Tomcat by TomEE+ for a server
application running on 64-bit Windows
For the moment, I want minimal changes in this application's installer.

This application's installer registers the application server as a service.

I noticed that tomcat7.exe is missing from Windows (ZIP) distribution of
TomEE+ 1.0.1, there's TomEE.amd64.exe and a service.bat stuff.

I am wondering if I would run into a wall by just copying Tomcat 7.0.27's
tomcat7.exe into bin/ directory and let the application installer register
the service as if TomEE+ were Tomcat.

Any opinion?

What's different between TomEE.amd64.exe & tomcat7.exe, appart form the
exe's name?

Alex