tomee-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Guay-Paquet <ber...@step.polymtl.ca>
Subject conf/conf.d Directory + port 4200
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:35:41 GMT
Hi,

I followed the instructions from
https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/security-howto.html , in the
"Non-Tomcat settings" section regarding the file permissions of the
different directories. With these, the TomEE process can only write to
the logs/, temp/ and work/ directories.

While searching why port 4200 is open, I found a file that is created on
the first run of tomee : conf/conf.d/admin.properties. Another file,
"hsql.properties" is created there as well. The fact that TomEE writes
to the conf directory is at odds with the file system security suggested
by Tomcat.

Is there a way to reconcile the security requirements with the
configuration files?

Are there other parts of the Tomcat documentation that must be modified
or dismissed when running TomEE? Is this documented somewhere?

Also, what is port 4200 anyway? I still haven't found out...

Thanks!
Bertrand