tomee-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Guay-Paquet <ber...@step.polymtl.ca>
Subject Re: conf/conf.d Directory + port 4200
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 19:58:02 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes this is with 1.0.0.

If TomEE only writes to the conf dir if files are not present, it's easy
to work around.

Thanks for the hint regarding the services. However, I'm not completely
sure how to handle them. What does the admin service actually do? Is
this part of Tomcat or added by TomEE? Is the hsql service required for
persisting sessions or other stuff in the JavaEE stack? I noticed that
tomee.xml contains 2 hsql data sources: "My DataSource" and "My
Unmanaged DataSource".

If there is documentation for this, please don't hesitate to refer me to
the right place! I might have missed it in my confusion.

Regards,
Bertrand

On 02/10/2012 3:35 PM, Romain Manni-Bucau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it with last release or 1.0.0?
>
> Btw TomEE creats config files when not present.
>
> For production just create them before and potentially set disabled to true
> in properties file for services you dont want (admin, hsql for instance)
> Le 2 oct. 2012 18:36, "Bertrand Guay-Paquet" <bernie@step.polymtl.ca> a
> écrit :
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I followed the instructions from https://tomcat.apache.org/**
>> tomcat-7.0-doc/security-howto.**html<https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/security-howto.html>,
in the "Non-Tomcat settings" section regarding the file permissions of