tomee-users mailing list archives

From Harald Wellmann <hwellmann...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leak on redeployment
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 22:06:15 GMT
Am 15.10.2012 22:23, schrieb José Luis Cetina:
> Hi im deloying my web app's in TomEE and i always use:
>
> -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled
> -XX:+CMSPermGenSweepingEnabled
>
> I use NetBeans 7.2 and i can redeploy everytime and the memory leak doesnt
> appear, i recomend you the parameters.

These options can delay an OutOfMemoryError, but they don't prevent it,
if the server keeps references to stale classloaders.

Another leak is caused by org.apache.tomee.common.NamingUtil which has a
static registry storing all JNDI resources.  Entries get added to the
registry on every redeployment, but they are never removed. I can see my
@PersistenceContexts piling up there...

Best regards,
Harald