tomee-users mailing list archives

From Daniele Trabalza <Daniele.Traba...@mideye.com>
Subject Bugfix for windows service TomEE
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 12:12:15 GMT
Hello,
I was having troubles starting the TomEE windows service on windows when TomEE is located
on a path which contains folder with white spaces in the name.
With the standard service.bat in tome/bin the service is deployed but it displays an "error
87: incorrect parameter".

After running a diff with the service.bat of tomcat 7 (that is working) I found the problem:

In TomEE the installation is done using this command:
	%EXECUTABLE% //IS//TomEE ^
	….

while it should be done in this way:
	"%EXECUTABLE%" //IS//TomEE  ^

now, the executable variable, since I needed it to run in 32bit, I hardcoded in this way:
	set "EXECUTABLE=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\TomEE.x86.exe"
instead of
	set "EXECUTABLE=%proc%"	(line 101 of service.bat)

but I am sure there is a fix for the auto detect of the architecture as well.

So the changes needed are:
line 101:
rem set "EXECUTABLE=%proc%"
set "EXECUTABLE=%CATALINA_HOME%\bin\TomEE.x86.exe"

add " before and after all the variables %EXECUTABLE% (before //IS// , //US// and //DS//)

Moreover I found another thing to correct:

set PR_INSTALL=%EXECUTABLE%

should be instead

set "PR_INSTALL=%EXECUTABLE%"

I am available for further info wether needed.

Regards,
/Daniele