tomee-users mailing list archives

From Alex The Rocker <alex.m3...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next TomEE release date?
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 06:56:01 GMT
Hello,

What happen with TomEE/TomEE+ 1.5.0 ?

I thought it was to be available this week (remember most people who visit
TomEE internet site don't use this mailing list to find snapshots). Here's
what currently available at :http://tomee.apache.org/downloads.html :
Apache TomEE 1.0.0 April 30th, 2012I got some feedbacks from software
compagnies I work with that lack of visibility of even the RC / beta  1.5.0
giving this site the image of a dead project. April 30th is like years ago
in computing time.

TomEE deserves better visibility, in my opinion.

May I suggest that until 1.5.0 is out, a link to the latest 1.5.0 snapshot
be added to http://tomee.apache.org/downloads.html page, as well as some
indications that, in order to get visibility  for next major and minor
releases, people should subscribe to users and/or dev mailing lists (and
from time to time, a link to 1.5.1 / 1.6.0 snapshot would be updated on
this page)?

The world must be aware that TomEE is alive!

Thanks
Alex