tomee-users mailing list archives

From ajaeger <ajae...@opentext.com>
Subject Logging configuration in TomEE 1.5.1 with commons-logging and log4j
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:20:11 GMT
Hello,

we need some advice regarding logging configuration in TomEE 1.5.1 with
commons-logging and log4j.

We use the following scenario:
- several applications are deployed in TomEE as webapp and/or app
- each application should have its own log file
- each application should be configured separately with an application
specific log4j.xml
- some classes are contained in multiple application but should only log in
one application if configured

In a plain Tomcat it is working as expected due to class loading separation.
How must we configure TomEE to support our scenario?
Is there a way to enable child-first class loading instead of parent-first
class loading in TomEE?

Thanks in advance for your help
Andreas