tomee-users mailing list archives

From ajaeger <ajae...@opentext.com>
Subject Re: Logging configuration in TomEE 1.5.1 with commons-logging and log4j
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:22:31 GMT
Hi,

no, putting log4j.xml (or log4j2.xml) + "log4j.jar" in the app is not
enough.
We had to put log4j.jar in <TOMEE_HOME>/lib and a log4j.xml in each
webapp/lib.

If we configure a class for logging in webapp A with its log4j.xml
the same class in webapp B also logs to the same logfile  despite different
configuration in this log4j.xml
The log4j.xml which is changed last "wins".

We found that you can only have one global log4j.xml for all apps.
Is this correct?
Is there no way to configure logging separately for each webapp?
Is there a way to enable child-first class loading instead of parent-first
class loading in TomEE?

Regards
Andreas